Notes on the exercises from the book Xingyi Health maintenance and Internal Strength development by Miller and Cartmell.
Basically the core of the book was centered around these warm-up exercises, prolonged standing in San Ti, and 5 heavy spear techniques to develop good Xingyi boxing gong fu.
1. Unite the Chi- circle arms at chest
2. Jade Dragon Weaves around the body- pulling horizontally left and right
3. Open and Close the meridians- circle arm with hand under arm pit
4. Divide north and south- clap palms above and below
5. Uphold the heavens and firm the root- 1. bend forward and sides, 2. bow stance twist
6. Empty the foot and lift single hand- yin yang palm pressing shifting weight
7. Gaze and concentrate spirit- neck exercises-left right, up down.
8. Ape arms enliven the body- rub palms shifting weight feet togther
9. Raise the Back 7 times: Dragon heart with “HAAA” sound.
10. Fist strike back- hit behind neck
11. Rotate Waist to strengthen the kidneys
12. Move the hips left and right- drop stance.
13. White Crane rotates knees- knee circles.
14. Strengthen the Meridians- stretch the body, elbow to toe.
15. Yin and Yang open and Close- open arms close arms.
16. Heel kicks backwards- shuaijiao sweep.
17. Crawling tiger- upwards dog/cobra from yoga.