Comprehensive training for martial artist who wish to be proficient in fighting- street, sport, self defense, life-death situations.
-warm-ups and stretching to prevent injury
1. Joint loosening/range of motion
2. Floor, wall, and partner stretching.
**long set Taiji song shen fa is at bottom of page
1. Body exercises: Without equipment (push ups, sit ups, squats, ect)
3. Medicine ball
4. Traditional weights- free weights, bar.
5. Resistance/ elastic bands
1. Heavy bag
2. Double ended bag
3. Upper cut bag
4. Speed bag
– Pad work:
1. Belly pad
2. Focus mitts
3. Thai pads
4. Kick shield
– Cardio type work:
3. Circuit work
1. Shadow boxing
1. Simulated sparring- spar with limited technique or specific drill
2. Application work: research techniques- strikes, throws, drilling techniques, ect
3. Live sparring- all techniques non-drill specific
4. Non-compliant Push hands/rou shou
5. Two person sets: full speed and aggressive.
6. Randori/Bjj rolling
– Mental work
3. Reading- books on fighters, philosophy, styles of martial arts
4. Watching fights
7. Visualization: entering the ring, fighting opponent.
8. Study of opponent and style
1. Punch – jab, hook, upper cut, hammer fist, back fist, horizontal punch, spiral punch, …
2. Kick – front kick, side kick, round house kick, inside crescent kick, spin back kick, …
3. Lock – finger lock, wrist lock, elbow lock, shoulder lock, head lock, bear hug, leg bar, ankle lock, …
4. Throw – hip throw, leg block, bowing throw, pulling throw, inner hook, outer hook, leg bite, leg spring, …
5. Enhancement – solo drills, 2 men drills, equipment training, wrestling/sparring, …
– You first decide that you want to develop hook punch ability.
– You then decide how you want to train it (through solo drills and 2 men drills).
– You then decide how you want to enhance it (through equipment training).
Wing chun dummy
Pakua 3 poles
Pakua 9 poles
Health and Recovery tools:
Diet: TCM therapy, calorie intake, low cholestrol diet, glycemic diet, alkaline/low acidic diet.
Massage: Acupressure, Thai, Reflexology, deep tissue, ect.
Pilates- developes core/powerhouse (thighs,hips, abs)
Hot/cold bath therapy
Dit dao jiao/liniments
Supplements: vitamins, minerals, protein, ect.
Herbs: ginger, ginseng, ect. , Herbal formulas from licensed herbologist.
Seperating workout routines-
Ring training- 2 min. rounds, 3 min. rounds. 1-3 rounds. 1-6 rounds. 1-12 rounds.
Octagon training- three 5 min. rounds. five 5 min. rounds.
Other sport timing trainings- judo, jujitsu ect.
– Single head
– Double head
– Gon rotation
– Pole hanging
– Bag throwing
– Short stick twist
– Long stick twist
– Cane bundle twist
– Cane bundle
– Weight pulley
– Brick twist
– Steel ball scooping
– Basket carry
– Single leg up hill hopping with pole
– Human flag
– Jar holding
Tires- small tires for kicking drills,
Large tires- for lifting/ flipping over, sledgehammering
Weighted vest, ankles, wrists
Cross training aspect: sports- soccer, swimming, ect.
Sharpening of reflexes
Slow to progressive training, refining again.
Simulation based on environment, improvising, vs. weapon, vs. multiple opponents-Psychology
Burst of activity training
Moderate intensity training
Strength endurance training
Dynamic tension training
**Opening and Closing joints, stretching muscles and tendons: Taiji Song Shen Fa
Taiji Song Shen Fa- Body Relaxation Method
Ancient Daoyin (breathing and movement exercise)
A. Flexibility Training–
I. Opening the joints-
1. Circle head- both directions
2. Stretch front neck- look up stretch,
3.Back of neck with arms folded.
4. Palm to ear side stretch neck
5. Turn head and hold head: hand on chin and side of head.
6. Massage neck- back part Du vessel
7. Roll shoulders big- both directions
8. Alternate Twist and roll shoulders- both directions
Elbow and Wrist-
9. Shake/Throwing hands down, palm up
10. Throwing arms out to front
11. Shaking wrists, palms up
12. Entwining fingers, pull in lift to stretch arms- both sides
13. Entwined arms turning wrist
14. Arms behind body stretch down, arms up
15. Fist on kidneys move fist up inhaling
16. Prayer palms on back
Waist, Hips and Knees-
17. Close feet, hand on kidneys circle waist
18. wide feet, hands on hips, circle hips
19. Close feet, circle knees
20. Squat/tuck body relax
21. Straight leg hold ankles
22. Roll back, hands to front- stretch back with sound- return to squat
23. Bend forward head to knee
24. Circle ankles both directions
II. Muscle and Tendon Stretching Exercise-
1. Feet together- clasp hands stretch front , left and right
2. Wide stance- swinging arm slapping
3. Up and down slapping back
4. Crossing arm slap back
5. Twisting spine left and right (like shaking palm)
6. Swing waist down left and right
7. Circle upper body
Waist and Leg Training
8. Rt and left leg stretching (hands on foot)
9. Grab feet shoulders left and rt to ground alternating
10. Grab and hold left then rt
11. Front and back bending
12. Side stretch pushing out
Hip and leg Training-
13. Bow stance changing
14. Bow stance into drop stance changing
15. Hurdler stretches
a. Opposite arm to foot, head to knee
b. Both hands on feet, kiss toe
c. Side stretch, shoulder to floor
d. Front cor ner shoulders to ground
e. Lying on back shoulders to ground
16. Phoenix washes wings
17. Phoenix Washing into sitting hurdler to stretch to toe
19. Side by side stretching and front split
20. Close by bouncing and shaking up
21. Lowering body erect, butt tucked in
22. Turning hips and lowering transfer
23. Sitting frog stretches
24. Zhao Bao stretches