Fu Zhongwen was a chief inheritor of Yang Chenfu’s Taijiquan. He was one of the closest disciples, a lineage-holder, and in-law to the Yang Family. He spent his earlier days in Guang Fu town as neighbor and student of Yang Banhou’s son, Yang Zhaopen in Yongnian county. He was sent to Shanghai to help with efforts there and become disciple to Yang Chenfu. Some of his training brothers included Chen Weiming, Cui Yishi, Niu Chimming, Li Yashuen, Chu Guiting, and Tian Zhaolin.
Opening words by Fu Zhongwen: Origin Taiji is One style.
On Yang Luchan taking a fight:
On the various generations and Learning the Authentic and Original Taiji:
Persevere through practice: as a martial art, for health: spine, stomach, sleep, fighting disease like cancer:
Words of encouragment
Fu Shengyuan passed away this year. Slantedflying.com wrote a nice detailed piece here. Though I was not a direct student of him, I was part of the 50th anniversary of the Yongnian Association in Shanghai China in 1994. There we did train in long form, single push hands, rou shou, double hand push hands, moving step push hands, and Da Lu. It was a very friendly and open experience, the complete opposite of what I had experienced in America with many of the secretive 3rd generation proponents of Cheng Man Ching. Overall, I was very blessed by the eye opening experience. People were asked to come up and speak. I spoke on how important it would benefit Americans to have more martial arts like Taijiquan introduced into public schools at a younger age to improve health, encourage sports, and other extracurricular activities.
Fu Zhongwen form
Taiji ‘One Family’ commentary on Yang Taijiquan in Shanghai China.
18 Taiji Qigong
1. Raising hands- heart smiling, breathing rises and falls like a fountain
2. Expanding chest- opening arms, looking far in distance from a mountaintop
3. Waving Rainbow- free will with rainbow between palms
4. Dividing clouds- dividing the clouds with joy
5. Circling Arms- (repulse monkey)- arms lubricating at joints
6. Rowing on a Lake- rowing with joy
7. Raise the ball- play with ball like a child
8. Turn to view moon- Moon of mid autumn festival with family reunion happiness
9. Push the palm- inhale health air for inner energy
10. Wave the cloud hands-carelessly watching the clouds
11. Scoop sea view the sky- scooping water to sprinkle on the body
12. Pushing the wave- rush forward like a wave
13. Open doves winds- feel like a flying dove in fresh air
14. Punching fists- breaking thru barriers
15. Flying wild Geese- fly freely
16. Flying wheel- body turning a giant wheel
17. Stepping and slap ball- happy, relaxed, feel childish like bouncing ball
18. Settling breath- end well adjusted.